:: We were the Pioneers...
We have been organising this exciting Whale Shark Safari for over 8 years now.
Have been awarded the prestigious NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC AWARD, and are considered the premier service provider.
Our company supports The Whale Shark Project
for the protection of these magnificent animals.
A portion of our proceeds goes to the support
of scientific studies.
:: About Whale Sharks
You are about to visit a unique part of the world!
Every year these majestical animals start their Journey in May to the warm and rich waters of the GULF OF MEXICO.
Despite their name, the whale sharks are peaceful animals feeding only on plankton.
They are accompanied by dolphins and gigantic manta rays. There are times when you will see dozens of these animals together with "jumping" manta rays.
Many of our guests observe that the Whale Sharks maintains eye contact and that they feel a peaceful interaction with these animals. (watch our Video)
There is a feeling of serenity once you are floating next to these fish.
The "body language" of these magnificent creatures explains it all:
- #When you're too close, he will turn the opposite direction.
- #When he has had enough, he will blink one eye and go under, or swim faster. :-)
:: Whale Shark Safaris (15 May until 10 September; Min age 5 yrs)
Pro Dive Mexico is happy to offer you two versions of this magnificant safari.
Making the Express safari also possible for visitors on Cozumel.
The Whale Shark Express Safari we offer daily with the highest quality and in partnership
Whale Shark Classic Safari we offer ON REQUEST (Min 6 pax needed)
1) Whale Shark Safari EXPRESS - via Cancun - on board snacks - Daily
2) Whale Shark Safari CLASSIC - visit Isla Holbox - full lunch - Only on Request
For detailed description of these excursions, please click here
Whale Shark Safari EXPRESS VERSION (also available for Cozumel guests)
Guests staying on Cozumel must take the ferry to the mainland at 06:00 am.
Safari starts on the Mainland, pick up at ferry/Snr Frogs at 06:45
To preserve the habitat of these animals we conduct these safaris according to Mexican Government and National Geographic guidelines.
- A) 2 Visitors and a certified guide (biologist or naturalist) snorkel at same time.
- B) Life jacket, wet-suite or floating device mandatory
- C) Remain at least 6 feet from the Whale Shark, so it's not disturbed.
- D) Please, never touch or cross path with the Whale Sharks.
- E) Use Bio-degradable sun protection only. (or t-shirt)
With above simple guidelines you will protect the Whale Shark and her habitat.
Frequently the Whale sharks are curious, and the encounters
:: What we offer with Express safari
- 1) Multilingual guides (English, French, German, Dutch, Spanish, Italian)
- 2) Air conditioned transportation from any hotel along the Riviera Maya.
- 3) Snacks, coffee, tea and fruit before boarding.
- 4) Drinks on board. (non alcohol)
- 5) Light lunch, sandwich, Shrimp / Seafood Cocktail (Ceviche)
- 6) Snorkel Equipment and Flotation Device.
:: What to bring.
Comfortable clothes and shoes, swimsuite under light cloths, hat, sunglasses, towel, personal goods (such as waterproof camera) and sufficient (biodegradable) sun blocker, medicine against seasickness if needed.
- !!! Truly "A ONCE IN A LIFETIME" Experience !!!!
Pro Dive Mexico guarantee your encounter with a whale shark, or you can re-schedule this trip for FREE or get a voucher for next trip to Mexico.
For additional information and reservation e-mail
Content adjusted 28th June 2012 according to latest information and policy.