Included in the tour:
Transportation from your hotel, light breakfast, lunch, soft drinks and water, snorkel equipment, guide
Sunglasses, towel, hat, biodegradable sun cream, swim suit, tips, wetsuit if available, medicine for sea sickness if needed
Daily from 15th May – 15th September
Pro Dive Mexico guarantee your encounter with a whale shark, or you can re-schedule this trip for FREE or get a voucher for next trip to Mexico.
We were the Pioneers!
We have been organising this exciting Whale Shark Safari for over 8 years now. Have been awarded the prestigious NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC AWARD, and are considered the premier service provider. Our company supports The Whale Shark Project for the protection of these magnificent animals. A portion of our proceeds goes to the support of scientific studies.
What we offer with Express safari
- Multilingual guides (English, French, German, Dutch, Spanish, Italian)
- Air conditioned transportation from any hotel along the Riviera Maya.
- Snacks, coffee, tea and fruit before boarding.
- Drinks on board. (non alcohol)
- Light lunch, sandwich, Shrimp / Seafood Cocktail (Ceviche)
- Snorkel Equipment and Flotation Device.
Whale Shark Safaris (15 May until 10 September; Min age 5 yrs)
Pro Dive Mexico is happy to offer you two versions of this magnificant safari.
Making the Express safari also possible for visitors on Cozumel.
The Whale Shark Express Safari we offer daily with the highest quality and in partnership Whale Shark Classic Safari we offer ON REQUEST (Min 6 pax needed)
1) Whale Shark Safari EXPRESS – via Cancun – on board snacks – Daily
2) Whale Shark Safari CLASSIC - visit Isla Holbox – full lunch – Only on Request
Whale Shark Safari EXPRESS VERSION (also available for Cozumel guests)
Guests staying on Cozumel must take the ferry to the mainland at 06:00 am.
Safari starts on the Mainland, pick up at ferry/Snr Frogs at 06:45
To preserve the habitat of these animals we conduct these safaris according to Mexican Government and National Geographic guidelines.
- 2 Visitors and a certified guide (biologist or naturalist) snorkel at same time.
- Life jacket, wet-suite or floating device mandatory
- Remain at least 6 feet from the Whale Shark, so it’s not disturbed.
- Please, never touch or cross path with the Whale Sharks.
- Use Bio-degradable sun protection only (or t-shirt)
With above simple guidelines you will protect the Whale Shark and her habitat.
You will be picked up early in the morning and we will drive you direction Cancun, where our boat takes you all the way to Isla Contoy, in the north of the peninsula. This is where the whale sharks migrate every year to eat plankton. We will stay about 3h to 4h in the open sea, snorkeling in turns of 2 people at one time, always accompanied by a special guide.
After that, if the weather allows, we stop at Playa Norte, in the north of Isla Mujeres, a beautiful area with turquoise and shallow water to relax and sometimes even snorkel. We serve you a delicious “ceviche” (local dish) on board and you will have some free time. In the early afternoon we will bring you back to your hotel.